Tuesday 30 August 2011

Summer in the City Part Two

And so.. the bank holiday is over but luckily I have one more day off  before heading back to work! Yesterday was a dull and quite frankly cold bank holiday! I was freezing and had my old trust Ugg boots back on for what seemed like the first time in ages. I  hope we get some sunshine back in September. Especially as we are heading to Wales later in the month for a long weekend. 
The weather seems a far cry from when we went to visit the new "Museum of  Liverpool  Life"  back in July this year. The museum's building has caused some controversy as it is not what some would argue is fitting with the Three Graces and the Liverpool Waterfront. I can only say that we all need to move with the times and there is a place for old and new in the world and it looks great. I enjoyed the Museum itself - lots of good football stuff in there and lots of fashion through the decades. Some of the pictures below are ones that I took on day of the Museum and Liverpool Waterfront 

Musical Lambananna 
The New Museum
SuperLambanana 


Three Graces - a welcoming site for any scouser 

One Hundred Years of the Liver Building 

 
Later that week, there was a series of shows at the Pier Head to celebrate its Centenary. It was difficult to get pictures of the projections on the building but I got some really good shots of the way they lit up the building 








I am hoping to try and upload some of my "hipstomatic" prints off my IPhone once I work out how to blog them as I managed to get some shots that I really like just being out and about over the summer that would be a shame to not include so watch out for a part three (unless your totally bored by this time!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Colours

Every so often you come across a story, that makes you feel hopeful.  A tale that makes you realize  that for all the horrible things going ...