Sunday 20 August 2017

Exceptionally Ordinary

"Life is what happens, when you're busy making other plans" is one of my favorite quotes by John Lennon. It is certainly true and especially true in in this blog's case! So, Hello, long time no see! It's Sam here, the girl who has not put fingers to keyboard for this blog since December 2013. (Yikes)

It is quite weird really as I find writing really helps me and it is something I have always done, and so it is probably not a surprise that during a time where my anxiety is back to an all time high, and I am not really feeling so great, that I have decided to fall back into it. You will see that I have renamed the blog and had an amazing logo  designed by the lovely "Cutie and the Feast" who I've collaborated on with an exciting Kickstarter campaign. (More on that later)

So why "Exceptionally Ordinary"? Well, my favorite Harry Potter character is Luna Lovegood , both in the books and in the films. She reminds me a little bit of myself and I always think people see me in a certain way, when in fact I'm not that person at all - this pretty much sums up Luna and me.
If you have a look at my new logo you will actually spot that little shout out to Luna I am sure!

Luna fixes Harry's broken nose with magic and when he ask's her how he looks she tells him "Exceptionally Ordinary" which makes me smile. Harry Potter after all does indeed look very ordinary.. but there he was worried about looking a little bit different following his broken nose, when in fact, he is nothing but ordinary but rather exceptional. He is in fact the boy who lived ...

Underneath it all we all have something that makes us special, or unique - we are all Exceptionally Ordinary whether we know or not.

So there you have it... I am back with a new logo, new name and lots of new ideas.

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment

True Colours

Every so often you come across a story, that makes you feel hopeful.  A tale that makes you realize  that for all the horrible things going ...