Saturday 20 August 2011

We're off ... another season starts.. it may be a long one

One of the biggest things in my life is my support of Everton Football Club. Supporting Everton is something that has been with me for a very, very long time. It has lived with me since my school days, lasted longer than some friendships and relationships. It has given me amazing highs and some altogether awful lows. Despite this I go back for more like a love sick teenage - it is like I am in some sort of horrible abusive relationship sometimes where my energy and happiness are constantly tested. .
Today was our first game at home against QPR,after our first game of the season against Spurs was cancelled due to riots in London. In honesty I wish this had been cancelled too. It was the flatest atmosphere I can remember for a first home game of the season  - ever. Some of the players looked jaded and like they frankly could'nt be arsed. Moyes made some shocking subs and it was just an all round depressing game.We ended up getting beat by a very poor QPR side 1-0.  
Given that this week there has been a lot of contraversy, over  The Blue Union (a union of four Everton Supporter Groups)  and their transcript of a meeting with Bill Kenright and allegations made by the Club - fans have been at each others throats - add to that the lack of any summer signings and it should have been no surprise really how angry people were at the final whistle
The message boards, twitter etc are all similar tonight as the rest of the week - fans not happy with the situations mentioned earlier , all at each others throats again and feeling in general pissed off 
Oh and if anybody knows what has happened to our scoreboard - let me know - it seems that they forgot to switch it on today. Please bring it back 


No comments:

Post a Comment

True Colours

Every so often you come across a story, that makes you feel hopeful.  A tale that makes you realize  that for all the horrible things going ...