Sunday 21 July 2013

Procrastination- 2nd part of 2013 challenges

Lately I am annoyingly procastinating a lot. Whether it is starting off training for my next half marathon in October to making things. I could count on one hand the things I've made this year, whilst last year I had made loads of jewellery, which I really enjoyed. I've therefore set myself some targets to hopefully get myself going and actually doing and making some things!  



                                 


Running 

I started off the year training for the Liverpool half marathon (my first half marathon). It gave me a bit of discipline which would be good right now! With this in mind I'm aiming to enter the Wirral Half  on 13th October 2013. I will find out in October if I've been successful in bid for a London Marathon place so t's will be good training and prep. If not i will have achieved two half marathons in 8 months! 
There is also a Halloween 10k the following week. This takes place in  Croxteth Park where I do a lot of running. The t shirt and medal should be fun!  http://www.poolrunnings.co.uk/




Puppy training  

Loki has been going to puppy school. He loves it and for that reason we've gone up from the foundation puppy class to the kennel club bronze club. My objective is to pass that class with him! 
                                             


Craft stuff 

This is my biggest list!!! I've bought so much material and craft goodies - I need to use it as otherwise it's just a waste 

Learn to crochet - this year has been the first for a while that I've not learnt a new skill or task and therefore I'm determined to learn once and for all to crochet. I'm halfway there and I'm booked on a class at Liverpool arts and craft fair in St George's hall this Saturday. In preparation I've bought a few books. Crochet is my craft kryptonite so fingers crosses (and hooked) 


                                                    


Knitting - there are two things - I've been knitting squares since earlier this year. 2013 was the year I said I would knit! I did learn sort of how to knit about 20 years or more ago (showing my age!) I need to pick this up again! I pledged to knit a blanket out of squares so want to see some progress by January 2014,  I've also bought some fab wool from Trefriw in Wales and so need to make a start on a scarf - as this wool is too nice to waste!! 


                                        

Sewing -  I have a skirt that has been waiting to be finished since December last year from sewing school. I've also got a Colette pattern and a liberty material bought in March still in Georgie (my craft case) and a spotty navy fabric to make another skirt same as my sewing school skirt. I have a target of end of July for a) first skirt to be finished and b) mid August for spotty skirt to be finished c) liberty skirt I'm still pondering 

I'm also determined to make some bunting ( yes seriously) and I'm making it with a twist! I have till end of July for this project 

Blogging - increase this by at least one per week including a review of the month with highlights! 

So that is it for now - it's a lot to do but, maybe, just maybe if I stop Pintresting and twitter/Facebook as much I may get something achieved! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

True Colours

Every so often you come across a story, that makes you feel hopeful.  A tale that makes you realize  that for all the horrible things going ...