Wednesday 26 June 2013

June review

June has gone so quickly and yet it's been a month with quite a lot in. Early June we went on holiday to Anglesey in Wales. It was something I has been looking forward to for ages but it was also tinged with sadness as it had been booked last year when we still had Duncan. We knew Loki would enjoy it and we hoped to get some of the nice weather that had started early June.
We were very lucky in that we had a week booked and could take our time, relax and to to places that we had not visited before. 
The trip was just what I needed time away from day to day mundane life to chill out and re-start some of my hobbies as I haven't felt creative or in a crafting mood since before Easter. 
We also visited some new places which were just beautiful Moelfre where I found the friendliest wool shop and Ann's Pantry a lovely quirky tea room/cafe just up my street. We also found a island called lllandwyn which was so quiet and peaceful with a huge Celtic cross. 
We also visited our favorites like Bestw y Coed and Llandunno on our way home. As me and Loki went on our last little walk down lane by our cottage I took a load of photos to remember how beautiful the countryside is and to help keep in my mind all the things we saw every day in Llandonna 



Other highlights of June included my Cath Kidston style nails, running in NHS 5k and making some (second time round) trifles in some sundae glasses I found. I also luckily managed to buy some beautiful wool from Trefrew wool mill so I think I need to keep on knitting!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

True Colours

Every so often you come across a story, that makes you feel hopeful.  A tale that makes you realize  that for all the horrible things going ...