Sunday 30 October 2011

Craft, cupcakes and a good cause

One of the things that I love about reading other peoples blogs and one of the positive things about social networking is being able to read and see other peoples hobbies. I like being able to see what other people have created. So the blogs this weekend will be to share what I have done the past week,

This week I decided to do put my creativity to good use and make some cup cakes in to sell in work to support "Wear it Pink Day" which is an annual occasion I support every year in aid of Breast Cancer awareness.

Being me I didn't want to just do "cupcakes" I wanted to theme them! I love theming stuff - others may think I am sad but life can be dreary and dull so I try to make the most of occasions! So I decided to make pink cupcakes and wanted to add the universal pink ribbon as a cup cake flag or using sprinkles. The UK is hard to track these things down. Ebay had an array of cup cake ribbon sprinkles but the postage was far to high and I doubted I would get them in time and so I made my own!!

1. I started off with printing off a load of pink ribbon logos on white paper


2. The next stage was to get my materials together to make the flags: Good old fashioned sellotape, Pritt Stick (pink as well!) and some cocktail sticks



3. The next stage was to start cutting out the ribbons


Duncan watches proceedings


4. The next stage was to stick some of the ribbons to card and leave some of the ribbons on their own as you can see in picture


5. I then added the cocktail stick on to one of the cardboard ribbons with some sellotape and them added another ribbon on top - so the ribbon was double sided 




 6. Eventually I had a whole set of Pink Ribbons to go in my cupcakes



7. The next stage was to make nice edible cupcakes - I won't go into detail on making cupcakes this evening as I don't want to send you asleep (if your not already) but I did a variety of pink buttercream topped cakes and some pink iced cakes with traditional hundreds and thousands on and some girly glitter and pink butterflies.

The picture below is my presentation in work on Friday for Wear it Pink Day -They went down a treat!!



In all we raised over 160.00 for a brilliant cause and I had loads of fun making them!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

True Colours

Every so often you come across a story, that makes you feel hopeful.  A tale that makes you realize  that for all the horrible things going ...